The highest density pods are expected to have 10 tiny homes residing in them. The question becomes what are the potential power requirements for a pod? Below I have listed some anticipated power requirements for each tiny home, and what we will need to do is calculate the potential power requirements of each, to ensure that we produce and store enough power to support each pod operating off the regular power grid.
- 12v lighting for inside and outside each house
- fridge - full size, energy efficient
- induction stove top, oven (the stove tops may be gas but best to plan for all electric)
- microwave - plan 1,000W
- coffee brewer
- dishwasher - standard built-in
- exhaust fans - bathroom, kitchen (range hood)
- ceiling fan (living room)
- a heat pump system
- AC system
- infrared heating panels
- washer/dryer combo
- on-demand hot water system (most likely gas, not sure if electric is an option)
- audio system and speakers
These are the items I have identified that could be in a Tiny Home and require power. The next step is to add to the list any items I have overlooked and then identify average daily power requirements for each item to come up with a potential max per Tiny Home. Then we can figure out the requirements for a pod and determine the size of the solar/wind systems needed to generate the power required.
Note that comments can be added by everyone, are appreciated, but they are just comments. Board members should use the Submit Your Response form below with constructive information to build on this topic so that we can assemble the required information. Upcoming talks with Tesla could benefit with as much data available as possible.